Thursday, September 30, 2010

Week of Family and Friends

I just arrived in Kathmandu this morning/last night...I don't have a watch but I'm pretty sure it was on the cusp. But, instead of telling you about everything I've done and seen, I wanted to write a little about my trip on the East Coast just to keep it chronological. So, here's the short and highlighted version. Also, I wanted to put up great pictures of foliage and family, etc, but the photos take about 10 minutes to load, so sorry guys. So, I arrive in Burlington VT and meet Matt's parents that meet us for a wonderful dinner and go to an outdoor concert that was truly unique and amazing--Hadestown is I think what it was called--my memory isn't what it used to be! The next morning we go to our friend Jerry's wedding in NH. The picture shown is from that night. It was a beautiful outdoor wedding. Then, go to South Royalton and stay with friends, go to a worlds fair, pick apples with help from Nigel the dog, and overall have an amazing time at their farm in the country in VT. Spend a day canoeing and visiting with Matt's parents in Montpellier before going to Montreal for yet more family visiting and amazing bagel tasting.  Seriously, if you've never had "Montreal bagels" you are missing out. Then we drove down to CT for Matt's brother, Dom's, wedding. That was a blast! Great dancing, great food, gorgeous location, and neat people. After this we briefly stopped in RI before going back to BOS for a walking tour/blast from the past visiting all of our old favorite food joints. Got to spend one night with my sister and her family, and then Matt and I hopped on planes going in opposite directions. It was a very short trip packed with fantastic memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment